Business For Sale - Established Dry Cleaning Business MOTIVATED TO SELL
Vendors are extremely motivated to sell!! All genuine offers will be presented & considered.
Great Business with Excellent Figures!
Ray White Keatley are proud to offer for sale Nari Dry Cleaners, this renowned business has been servicing a large clientele within the Lower South East for many years with a high level of service which has developed and produced the repeat business.
No one knows a business as well as the owner so sale consultants Tahlia Gabrielli and Sarah Barney have worked with the current owner in preparing the below information in relation to Nari Dry Cleaners;
This long established dry cleaning business (approximately 30 plus years) is well known within the Mount Gambier and Western Victoria region. Operating from 7.30am to 5.00pm 5 days per week and 8.30am to 11.30am Saturday mornings. The business closes between Christmas and New Year's as well as for all long weekends giving you time to relax, rest or travel.
Currently operated as a sole trader with family assistance but can be operated by a husband and wife team or friends looking for an income with the opportunity to share the workload and have time away from this busy business. The opportunity to income split or splitting the workload will allow for additional income away from the business if needed. It is a reliable and well-maintained business with regular clientele, sub agencies and account customers.
The business dry cleans 5 days a week and also specializes in formal and bridal preparation and subsequent storage, along with curtains, doonas, commercial linen and ironing services.
The premises is leased with 6 years remaining of a 2 x 5 year lease. It has been in its current location for the past 26 years with affordable rent and a good landlord. The lease includes the premises, drive through driveway and 4 car parks (2 undercover).
There is excellent opportunity to expand the business, some examples being:
1. Other areas being Western Victoria (Casterton, Hamilton, Portland), Penola, Naracoorte, Millicent.
2. The ironing service is growing and with more publicity could increase 10 fold.
3. Pick up/drop off service targeting the Retirement Villages and elderly residents.
4. Bed and Breakfast linen and Restaurant linen.
The purchase price is negotiable and includes all fixtures, fittings, equipment, and operating and customer stock. Main items include:
- 15kg Bowe Dry Cleaning Machine, New Yorker automatic steam trouser press, Horscroft manual steam press, Forma (Jacket/Dress), Boiler, Cooling Tower, Spotting Table, 2 x Stirvax Irons and professional vacuum ironing board, 11kg Commercial Washing Machine and Twin Tub washing machine, Commercial Gas Clothes Dryer, Compressor, Vacuum Unit, Evaporated Air Cooler, cash register and all cabinets and rails (all fixtures and fittings) are inclusive of cost (approximate 2nd hand value $44,500.00).
- Current operating consumables including dry cleaning solution (per-clean), dry cleaning detergent, cleaning chemicals, hangers, bags and incidentals (approximate value $1,750.00)
- All current items awaiting collection (approximate stock on hand $2500.00 as of last stock take) not including account customers.
All maintenance is up to date with last boiler inspection in February 2015 and cooling tower inspection in June 2015. These inspections are conducted annually.
This is an excellent well maintained business ready for a new owner whether you have experience in the dry cleaning industry or not. It has the unique feature of servicing customers with an undercover drive thru service. It is a sound business with excellent cash flow with new equipment purchased for the business and many upgrades to existing equipment.
The current owner delivers great customer service resulting in a Mount Gambier Chamber of Commerce Outstanding Small Business Nomination in 2013. The current owner has owned the business since July 2011 and with a daughter living and studying away from home are looking to relocate from Mount Gambier to be closer to family. It is a great business for anyone who loves building rapport and relationships with people. The current owner is willing to train and is flexible for the handover period as required by the new owner. The current owner had no previous dry cleaning experience previous to purchasing the business and is prepared to offer ongoing support until the new owners reach a level of competency and confidence required to operate a dry cleaning business.
If you are looking for a lifestyle change or a change of scenery this is the business opportunity for you. For further information in relation to Nari Dry Cleaners please do not hesitate to contact Tahlia or Sarah today.
Tahlia - 0438 883 992
Sarah 0438 883 972